PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING STYLESCAPE LIMITED’S (TRADING AS EDITED) SERVICES
At Stylescape Limited (“ EDITED ”, “ us ”, “ our ” or “ we ”), we take the protection of your data, privacy and personal information very seriously. It is vitally important to us that you feel secure when using our website at www.edited.com (the “Website”).
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us. You will be asked to provide us with your information when:
- you fill in forms on our Website, or correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise;
- you register to use the Website, subscribe to education and thought leadership, marketing communications, webinars and events, company and product updates, careers or other marketing materials;
- you report a problem with the Website; or
- you complete any surveys we ask you to fill in that we use for research purposes (although you do not have to respond to these if you do not want to).
- The information you will be asked to provide to us for these purposes may include your name, your role, number of employees in your Company, industry, reports you are interested in, company name, or further information required to verify your identity.
You can update your marketing communication preferences and have the option to opt-out at any time by selecting the ‘Manage preferences’ link in the footer of any marketing communications that you receive.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information; however, this information cannot be used to identify you:
- device-specific information, such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information;
- details of your visits to our Website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- details about your location, approximated using data provided by you and other third-parties;
- details about your interaction with emails and other communication received by us, including opening rate of emails and clickstream through our emails;
If you are using our Website on behalf of a third party, you must have obtained clear permission from the individuals whose data you provide us with before sharing that data with us.
How we use your information and justification of use.
Use of personal information under EU data protection laws must be justified under one of a number of legal “grounds” and we are required to set out the ground in respect of each use of your personal data in this policy. These are the principal grounds that justify our use of your information:
- Consent: where you have consented to our use of your information (you are providing explicit, informed, freely given consent, in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent in the circumstance detailed below by notifying us verbally, providing written communication or by updating your email communication preferences by selecting the ‘Manage preferences’ link in the footer of any marketing communications that you receive.
- Contract performance: where your information is necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you;
- Legal obligation: where we need to use your information to comply with our legal obligations;
- Legitimate interests: where we use your information to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights; and,
- Legal claims: where your information if necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you or a third party.
We reserve the right to collect anonymous and/or aggregated data regarding your and other visitors or customers’ use of the Website, provided that no individual natural person can be identified from such data (“ Aggregate Data ”). The Aggregate Data is used to improve and enhance the Website and for other development, diagnostic and corrective purposes in connection with the Website.
We will not sell your personal data (or any other data you provide us with) to third-parties, however, we reserve the right to share any data, which has been anonymised and/or aggregated. You acknowledge and accept that we own all right, title and interest in and to any derived data or aggregated and/or anonymised data collected or created by us.
We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing communication sent to you or you may opt out by contacting us.
Where we store and how we protect your personal information
We take the security of your personal information very seriously.
We ensure appropriate technical and organizational measures are in place to make sure the personal data we collect from you (including email addresses that form part of our prospective marketing database) is secure at all time. Where we use sub-processors, we ensure those organizations contractually provide appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure similar levels of safeguards. A full list of our third party sub-processing activities can be found here www.edited.com/subprocessing.
Countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may not provide the same level of adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data. In countries which do not provide appropriate safeguards, we shall transfer your data subject only to your consent except for transfers to and from: (i) any country with a valid adequacy decision from the European Commission; (ii) any country with which we have ensured similar levels of safeguards have contractually been put in place (this may include entering into standard contractual clauses); or (ii) any organization, including any of our sub-processors, which ensures an adequate level of protection in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Please contact us if you would like further details on the specific safeguards applied to the export of your personal information outside EEA.
Although EDITED will do its best to protect your personal data, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, any transmission is at your own risk and we cannot guarantee, during transmission through the internet, the security of your data transmitted to our Website.
Disclosure of your information
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
How long we retain your personal data
We will hold the above information for as long as is necessary in order to provide you with the Website, deal with any specific issues that may arise, or otherwise as is required by law or any relevant regulatory body.
If information is used for two purposes, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter period when that period expires.
We restrict access to your personal information to those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose(s). Our retention periods are based on business needs and your information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymized (and the anonymized information may be retained) or securely destroyed.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2017/676, including but not limited to other privacy law and regulations such as the California Consumer Protection Act, Colorado Data Act, Connecticut Data Protection Act, and Virginia Data Protection Act you have various rights in relation to your personal data. All of these rights can be exercised by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In certain circumstances you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
EDITED will not ordinarily charge you in respect of any requests we receive to exercise any of your rights detailed above; however, if you make excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded requests, we may charge you an administration fee in order to process such requests or refuse to act on such requests. We will provide you with a copy of the personal data undergoing processing free of charge; however, any further copies requested may be subject to reasonable fees based on administrative costs.
Asking us to stop processing your personal data or deleting your personal data will likely mean that you are no longer able to use EDITED’s Website, or at least those aspects of our Website which require the processing of the types of personal data you have asked us to delete, which may result in you no longer being able to use our Website.
Where you request EDITED to rectify or erase your personal data or restrict any processing of such personal data, EDITED may notify third parties to whom such personal data has been disclosed of such request.
Changes to this policy
For the purpose of the relevant data protection legislation, the primary data controller is Stylescape Limited t/a EDITED (company no. 06366729) with registered address at 26 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8BR, United Kingdom. Stylescape Limited will share your personal data with Stylescape Inc who acts as a joint data controller.